Health, confidence. dumbbells


So you want some muscles or have stronger biceps/triceps etc. but can’t afford a gym fee or equipments? Well, swither not, here’s a home made dumbbell (mine) you can make using materials that won’t cost you even one third a store bought equipment will.

What you’ll need:
2 cut bottom parts of a plastic Coke bottle
A rubber ring (optional)
Iron bar (depending on how long you want your dumbbells)
Cement
Paint

What you have to do:
Fill the 2 bottom parts of the cut coke bottle with cement, put the iron bar in place (I’m sure you can figure this out already), let the cement settle and dry. Once dried, (if you have this, just for decorative purpose) put the rubber ring on both ends of the dumbbell then paint with desired color (mine is green). There you have it, your own home made weights!

So why on earth is a woman in a wheelchair promoting dumbbells on her blog? Because I started using them! Because now I can! And I’m proud to say it’s now in my daily list of routines.

And what have I benefited so far? I feel good. Adds confidence to know you exercise, even if my weights aren’t that heavy and I only do limited lifts. I feel better with myself, I can eat more. Before, if I eat more than my usual intake, I’d feel bloated and feel like I’m going to have an Asthma attack (And the doctor did advise me to regulate food intake because it could trigger an attack if my stomach is full, I have to binge instead, small amounts with intervals). But I really just started lifting to have stronger arms and back (So I can paint and take care of myself better) so the other healthy benefits I’ll be getting from it are bonuses.

We, women, need to take care of ourselves, not just to look good but to first and foremost, be healthy. We may never look like our most admired model but good health gives confidence and confidence is SEXY.

Further readings:

Strong and Fit

Dumbbell exercises with animated diagrams

Comments

Kevin said…
I love it! Whose idea was it to make them?
Thess said…
My dad.

He has other weights too.