Parcel (and partial) education

I got my first Christmas goodies last week. It arrived Monday and got picked up Wednesday. A box full of little stuff sent from the ‘land down under’.

I do enjoy quantity, motley of little things than one big expensive gift because, borrowing and modifying the words of Forest Gump’s mom – “Life is like a box from Australia, full of goodies, you never know what you gonna get.”

And I never thought it’d be this educating. From this parcel of assorted presents I learned that –

These are not oven mitts!



I grabbed them right away and put them on! I thought they were oven gloves for handling hot wares from the oven and I was so WRONG! They are NOT!

I found a tag that belonged to these pair of knitted items and it says “TOE WARMERS”

I’m supposed to wear them down there, on the feet not on the hands. No wonder the ‘supposed’ finger compartments were too short and stubby. I took them off right away.

Good thing only mom was looking.

These are not clothespins!




I wondered why she would send me clothespins. We have them here, wooden and plastic. Is she telling me to do laundry? Well, THEY’RE NOT!

They’re note clippers. Has this round little magnet at the back and you stick them on your pc tower or wherever the magnet will stick and they will hold notes or reminders for you.

Oh what fun it is to laugh at one’s self at times. Nanna did say that I’m a “woman child”. I’m cute then?

So thank you girl (you know who you are) for everything you got me. You sure brightened up my monitor (all the butterfly stickers are on it now!). Love you NANNA!

Comments