From the heart

“Sometimes all that one needs to hear is how she/he is deeply appreciated and cared for. “

I’ve just received my very first Christmas card from the mail, from an unexpected source. Unexpected because she was the one who used to wrap something for me during this season and my birthdays but things have turned around.

A lot has happened in her life; death of a son and husband, heart aneurism, family crisis. I don’t know how she manages to take and survive all that but she does. She tells me that I inspire her but does she know she inspires me?

Anyway, li
ke I’ve said before in my previous blog - “Sometimes all that one needs to hear is how she/he is deeply appreciated and cared for. “ - Little works of the hands, done with much love and dedication is worth just as much as a thousand gifts. So Auntie Beth sent me a card that she made herself.
And inside she wrote a very touching letter. Although she can’t give me a purse or any material thing from the mall, she’s given me something I can never buy anywhere, simple but heartfelt, she bothered.

How I wish s
he’d have internet access and be able to read this. She’d be happy about it but it doesn’t matter, even if she can’t, the world can and I want the world to know about my auntie Beth. And her card is on my cabinet’s glass door along with other postcards and letters I’ve received from friends all over who’ve blessed me with their love.

Comments

Kuya Erwin C. said…
It's a nice feeling to get something from the mail. Especially if it's hand written. No one does that anymore. It's all "email and fax, and word document." Hand written letters are much more personal and they have a certain character to it. It's been ages since I last got a hand written letter in the mail... and it was from my niece.

Cool post! Now you've been tagged! He he
Thess said…
So true. And when somebody gives us something hand- made, we know when the person was making, he/she was thinking of us right that moment.

What? I've been tagged again??