Don't go broke!

Our Sunday School had its Christmas party yesterday (Sorry, no pictures – my cellphone is broken right now). We had 86 children. The food that was prepared was for a much lesser number so the overflow of visitors overwhelmed us and we were a bit stressed at the start, conducting short, murmured-meetings in corners on what to do.

Add to that, we had a limited space, not enough chairs and the electric meter located near where we hold our classes was cracking, some church people were there and two electricians called to fix it, so the kids were really distracted.

The other teachers were busy preparing their snack so I had to host the party alone amidst shrieking and crying children, all talking at the same time and into my face.

It all came together in the end. I don’t know how our meager budget was able to accommodate 86 children and they even had second helpings.

I remember when Jesus fed the ten thousand (Matthew 15:29-37), from only seven loaves of bread and a few fishes. God provides in mysterious ways indeed.

We weren’t given extra for our Christmas party this year, only our monthly allowance (not enough for the party). Good thing I’ve been saving for a CD player for our Sunday school (I keep, account and budget the Sunday school allowance too) and that’s what we used (could just save anew). Shows how important managing money and saving is.

I know that “Christmas” and the “New Year’s” can be a real pain in the pocket, we love family gatherings and giving gifts (not an obligation but we just want to), thinking we only do this once a year. It’s ok to spend but don’t spend it all in two weeks, don’t be in debt because of the “Holidays”. Save for rainy days, there’s still 2009 to think of. Spend wisely, celebrate joyfully.

HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS ALL AND REMEMBER TO SPEND TIME TO REFLECT, PRAY AND BE THANKFUL FOR EVERYTHING!

Note: I’ll be back in a week!

Comments

Anonymous said…
"The spirit of Christmas is a human product; the Spirit of Christ is a Divine Person." (Stuart Brisco)

Merry Christmas Thess!!

peace & grace in Christ,
brad
Anonymous said…
Merry Christmas, Thess. You've been tagged:http://www.msray2008.com/2008/12/season-of-love.html
Anonymous said…
By "spirit of Christmas", I mean, the feeling of it.

But like I said in my previous post, I believe in celebrating Christ's birth everyday.

thank you guys.