Beyond Accesories

That the good, the peace and the faith within radiates outward…

My sister in law bought me four pairs of earrings last week. Two silver on
es, a pair of oranges and one of multi-colored ones. So there I was, presented with these little gifts Saturday morning after my tutoring class, trying on each one delightfully.

I confess to not being into jewelries and whatever neck ornaments, bracelets, broaches, beadworks and other trinkets I have are all gifts from friends or relatives. I’m too stingy to myself to spend a dime on them. The only wearable novelty I’d be willing to buy is a wristwatch, not for self decoration but more for its use.

But now t
hat I’m maintaining a blog for and about women, I feel the need to at least, know these things. Aside from jewelries, we also have bags, purses and shoes. What would go with the shirt, skirt, pants, what color? What would make one look lighter, darker, slimmer, bigger? All part of our desire to look good - be attractive, get attention.

I’ve nothing against that, it’s good to enhance the physical but always remember that true beauty is from within, from the righteousness of the soul and the sound mind. That the good, the peace and the faith within radiates outward and attracts more than whatever tangible adornment we might be wearing.


"charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised” - Proverbs 31 30

Comments