Who are you marrying?

1. Does he bring you closer or at least, keep you closer to God?

This is important if you’re a Christian and values your faith. The Spiritual aspect of a relationship is often overlooked. It may not seem that important at the start but eventually you’d want someone who is spiritually at par with you.

2. Does he make you feel good about yourself?

You don’t want to spend a lifetime with someone who makes you feel inadequate or ‘not good enough”. He should make you feel attractive and emotionally healthy.

3. Does he bring out the best in you?

You’re inspired to improve, be better and do more. Not idle, jealous or upset all the time.

4. Does he appreciate you and the things you do no matter how little?

Oh how often do I hear a spouse say – “He/she just doesn’t appreciate the things I do for him/her.” If it’s the least of his habits now, why would you think that would change when you’re married?

5. Does he listen to you and respect your opinion?

In a male- dominated world, this, to a woman, should be of utmost importance. Yes. You should submit to your husband when you marry but he should also consult you when making decisions because marriage is a union, meaning you and him become one, not just him. It means you have equal footing in the marriage.
--------
I could go on with a longer list but these five I think are a good start. Remember though that before you look or demand for these qualities in a future spouse, we first, must also possess them to deserve one who has them. And even if you find one with these qualities and more, it doesn’t guarantee you’d have a perfect union. Because marriage is a lifetime work but at least, you’ll be with one worth working hard with.

It’s important because your hereafter happiness is at stake, so are the well-being of your future children. You don’t want them to experience what
LJ had to go through.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think that it isn't all about how he sees me, but how I feel about him. Can I believe in him? Do I want to support his dreams with all the fervor he has? Do I trust him enough to support him even when he's wrong? That means that even if I think he's wrong and I've told him so, that I will still put a whole effort in respecting him and doing what he needs me to to give him some success in case he was right and I wasn't?

Cause if we are the right woman for him...we are the one woman who enhances him above all???
Thess said…
It isn't how he sees you but how he makes you feel based on how he treats you.

And if you feel good, you can make him feel good, you can support better. It's a two-way thing.

And like i said, before we look for these qualities, we have to possess them too, meaning, we bring them closer to
God, appreciate them, make them feel good about themselves etc.