DOH!

(Doh - English slang – meaning I should know that already)

I’ve always felt behind on everything, the news, the trends, the latest, what’s been happening, where is where? And more often than not I truly am.

I should watch the news, read the tabloids, and gossip more. This way, I’d be updated about things and not discover them long after they’ve been over, old and forgotten.

Well, I’ve found unconventional, modern ways to keep myself abreast of the latest in the land:

1. Reading blogs -

Reading Kevin’s site, I came to know “Textolog” haha! (I can’t get over this word) And then there’s ‘Gagamboy?” Who in the world is Gagamboy? I did research it (he’s sort of like the local version of Spiderman). I didn’t even know we had a character and movie like that. I must’ve been in a coma when that came out. And believe it or not I didn’t know the “Mall of Asia” (a local mall here) is not anywhere near where I thought it is.

Alright, you can say DUH! (English slang – meaning you should know that already)

2. Chatting with friends

There are times when talking to nanna (born, raised and lives in Australia), she’d say, :how did the rally go there? Were you safe from the earthquake?” And I’d have no idea what in the world she’s talking about. She’d say it was on the Filipino news (she watches a Filipino news called “Bandila”) and would ask if I’d want her to send me the news through email so I could at least know what’s happening where I am.

Sometimes I wonder if I really live in the Philippines. Good thing there are friends who are not Filipinos and doesn’t live in the country who keeps me (A Filipina and lives in this country) informed of what’s been taking place here. Now I know when I want to hear what’s going on in the Philippines, I’ll just chat with someone from Australia.

I hope I’d know when we’ve changed president.

Comments