Nobody does it better

I was still up very late last night due to some things I needed to type and email. I woke up distressed with puffy eyes and burdens that have bothered me for days now and needing distraction badly early on.

So after doing my usual morning routines, I grabbed a book and continued reading where I left off (been reading it awhile) for some time. Well, till Gelo came in. You knew if he ever barged in, he’s looking for a playmate and my dad was right behind telling him to teach me his newly invented games.

Gelo is only four years old and we’ve taught him to play Chess. He’s memorized the correct positions of the pieces on the board and knows their movements. This is at present his favorite game but he never wins. So he invented new versions of the game and calls one of them - “Chess BDD” (who knows what BDD stands for).

And with all the chess pieces placed on the board, it looks like this:


He gave me the instructions. The game is simple. All the pieces can move in any direction and can eat as many as it pleases you. There’s just one rule: you can’t move the pawns unless you do it in a circular motion.

The other version has same positions on the board (which means just randomly put them anywhere) but easier than the first one. All you have to do to capture all the opponent’s pieces is to drop a bomb in the middle. (Hear you, all Chess terrorists!) This just made me laugh so hard. He calls this one “Chess No” (oh so appropriate).

Well, who knows, these new Chess innovations might get patented someday and become one of the most confusing versions of this board game ever thought of in the history of mankind.

We played a couple of rounds till he got tired of it and started riding the board (uhm – “Chess boating”?). He sure made my day though and made it brighter too.

Oh how precious are the children, we just don’t realize the joy they bring without even trying.

further readings:

Abortion Issue

Abortion among teens

Comments

Ms. Kei said…
why am i so idle?
is laziness a curse?

kakatuwa kasi pag-gising na pag-gising mo pa lang sa umaga, nagbabasa ka na agad ng book ^_^
Thess said…
I don't think laziness is a curse.

I can't be idle kasi idleness invites depression. Always doing something or getting busy is therapeutic. at least, to me.

so I try talaga to do many things lalo na when something upsets me pero syempre....personal time with God is the best.
Ms. Kei said…
have you ever felt bored or wala sa mood in your quiet time?
what do you do about it?
i feel it a lot of times.

how can i overcome my moodiness?
wala na kong ganang mag-set ng goals kasi di ko naman natutupad. nahihiya lang ako sa sarili ko and most importantly kay God [nahihiya na nga kong lumapit sa Kanya eh]

hayy T.T
Thess said…
Of course I do, there are even times when I read the Bible but di ko naman naa-absorb what I'm reading. So I pray. I pray earnestly for God to help me, not just to have int'rest in His Word but also in my time with Him.

Yung mood naman, kasi we do many things we don't want to do or not in the mood to do di ba? like work, school, choores but we have to. Minsan I don't want to write but I have to since I keep a blog. Once I start writing I get in the mood na rin.

Yung goals, start small, yung kaya mo lang and then when you've accomplished that, you'll have more confidence, then you can set a higher goal :) (hug)