The woman who touched the world.

I was in my early twenties when I heard about Joni. She had a tragic diving accident that left her paralyzed from the neck down. The only thing she can move is her head. But her story touched the world when it came out. Her autobiography was written, and a girl friend of mine lent me the book. The book was made into a film in 1980 (saw it too). When Joni came to manila to do a concert here for the disabled, the same friend went to see it and recorded her testimony so I could hear it (wasn’t able to go).

Joni also painted but instead of hands she uses her mouth to grasp the paintbrush. She’s written a couple of inspiring books, recorded an album, and continues to serve God. She married at 40 and hopped around the world to share her story and inspire people.

For more information and links about Joni – click here.

Comments

Ms. Kei said…
Hi there ate Thess!

Reading your story inspires and challenges me. It is a shame on me that I kept on being ungrateful on all my abilities, insecure on what others have that I don't,and idle most of the time.

There you are, on your wheelchair, yet you still manage to teach kids, write blogs, read books and paint. While here I am, able to stand on my feet, run and walk, yet manage just to be a couch potato and procrastinator.

Thanks for the inspiration.

I hope and pray that from this time on, I will be more productive as much as you do.

Whaaaaaa! Tamad kasi ako eh!

By the way, where can I get a copy of Joni Eareckson Tada film?

Thanks ulit ate!
More power po.

Godbless ^_^
Thess said…
Hey Karen, thnx for dropping by.

First, all of us our gifted with different talents, we jsut need to discover them and sometimes we don't do that becuz we lack faith in ourselves but God made each unique and special so I bet you have your own special skills too.

About Joni :( sorry, can't help you there kasi pahiram lang din yung sa'kin, maybe you can google or do a search on the net. Sorrrrry.