When she cries...

(She’s faced the hardest times you could imagine and many times her eyes fought back the tears… - “Wildflower” by Skylark)

Someone told me it’s alright to cry, to not fear shedding tears or feel weak when doing so. Most people would say “Cheer up, life is too short, be happy or STOP!” Instead, he’d tell me to cry as I please, as long as I want and only stop when I’m satisfied.

He’s one of the few who understand tears are as essential as laughter. It’s a release, a summary of words you can’t say.

-----
I had a troublesome week, was so upset about something that happened that I had no control of and my life was so affected. I found myself constantly conversing with God, mentally spewing out stuff I shouldn’t even think of.

Then it was Thursday, alone in the house, about to have dinner, the wind just whooped down and the rain poured like an angry mob. THAT DID IT! I left the TV open and went to my room and wailed with the rain.

I cried my heart out to the Lord and didn’t stop till I was truly done. I’d never let anyone see me like that, only God. Fully confident that He knew I badly needed the audience with Him. Don’t know why I waited a week to surrender, admit that I wasn’t alright (and that’s tough), that I needed to cry and be comforted, and what a release I had!
-----

Women and tears go together. We cry when we’re sad, happy, upset, we cry even when we don’t know why. Either we do or we implode. It’s our therapy, part of the healing. And understanding that is part of loving us.

( …let her cry for she’s a lady… )

Comments

Anonymous said…
oI like the thought of y9u crying on my shoulder if you have to cry anywhere. Love you, Dad
Anonymous said…
Dad russ,

I know. you were the one who told me it's ok to cry. see? I listen to you. :)

Love you too (hugsss)