What's in a bag?

I was doing the Sunday school’s financial report when I couldn’t remember where I put the receipts I needed for the book I’m keeping and went through my bag. There were several scratch papers there but no receipts. So, in the hope that they were just there somewhere, tucked in between some things, I took everything out and did an inventory at the same time.

Now let’s see what I’ve been keeping in my bag. The main pouch has the essentials, lotion, cologne, face powder, lipstick, comb (these things are more important than food), wallet with pictures of family (oh if only albums would fit in there), my cellphone (which is only being kept for its numerous use except for its texting and calling features), a handkerchief and some paper clips.

The second compartment contains ‘the more ‘work-related’ stuff, pens, scissor, key and pockets for receipts.

I was surprised to find I’ve so much less in my bag now than before. If I was allowed a bigger container I’d take the whole house with me everywhere I go. I wanted always to be ready if anything went wrong. I even carried vice grips (hmm, did i spell that right?) with me all the time for sometime, made me feel ready for anything, have control if something went out of hand.

I suppose I’m less of a worrier now, have learned that I don’t have to have all the answers all the time nor all the tools to fix situations. I only take with me what I need now and trust the Lord to provide the rest that I don’t have when the need arises.

Oh, I did find the receipts I was looking for, not in my bag but in between the pages of the story book we use for Sunday school.

Comments