Daddy's girl

I’m a daddy’s girl. Ever since I can remember, I was close to my dad, I’ve written poems about and for him. Buys him birthday cakes, makes cards, always working for his approval. I know he loves me but I suppose he’s just better at talking and understanding sons than a daughter, nevertheless he tried his best.

Our opinions often clash and I don’t know how many times he’s made me cry. Whenever he’s upset with someone, he finds it easier to take it out on me, he said because he knows I’d always forgive and understand and yes, I will.

Although I sometimes say I want to marry someone not like my dad (short-tempered, strong willed, opinionated all the time and dominating), I find, from my past relationships that I get attracted to men with the same characteristics, at least, to some degree (good provider, dependable, good planner, jack of all trades and has a big heart for the poor and handicap).

He’s the kind that makes mistakes but won’t admit it at first but once he realizes his short comings, he tries to change and correct things, might take time but he gets there.

The best thing about my dad is the amazing way GOD moved in his life. I watched the Lord transform him from a drunk, smoking, gambling, womanizing filth who wanted to replace Satan into a God-fearing, honest, Lord-serving man and I am truly proud of him.

No, he’s not perfect but he’s my dad and to me, he’s the greatest!

LOVE YOU TATAY! HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!

Comments