After the storm

After grueling hours of wind and a day of non stop raining, the sun is finally up again. I’ve put my knee socks and foot warmer away. We don’t get flooded where I am and no fallen trees in sight so far. Someone’s roof sounded like it was ripped off and flew somewhere else but no reports of whose have reached me yet.

A ferry sunk and only four survivors as of this writing out of 700. 12 died in other places. I haven’t lost a relative or anything to “Frank” and understandably, easier for me to appreciate the sun. I ‘m saddened by the deaths and grieves for those who have lost loved ones and live stocks to the storm but we move on.

We experience this every year and next year there’ll be other reports too of casualties and damages from typhoons, that’s life and we go on. We face the day after the storm.

God grant us strength to do it so.

Comments