Kuya Kevin (100th post!)

I’ve planned this many articles ago, that my 100th post will be dedicated to THE ONE, the kuya (big brother) of the nation, my blogging guru, etc. Who else??? Kuya Kevin!

I don’t him call him kuya (term of respect for older brother) though, just Kevin because I’m older. But I definitely look younger; I still have hair – haha!

Truth be told, he’s the one who got me to blog more seriously and write about stuff I feel strongly about. From his encouragements I became confident in my writings and so, this post is solely just about him and how he helped me.

I first heard of Kevin at a DZAS Sunday program called “Perfect Rhythm” hosted by another equally dashing single guy, ‘Jordan’. I was sick and couldn’t go to church so I thought maybe DZAS (702 AM on the local radio dial) have a live broadcast or program of a Sunday service. So when I turned the radio on, Jordan was introducing Kevin. I thought it was a foreign show but later learned it wasn’t so. Kevin kept promoting his blog and mentioned his upcoming book then, “Basta Lovelife”. He invited listeners to his site. So when I got online I checked it out and liked what I found.

Not only was the site full of devotional materials, it was clean (the content) and it had an article that caught my attention the very second I read the title –
‘Romantic Martyr Syndrome’ and that piece spoke to me and set me free. I was going through a personal crisis at the time and I believe God led me to it because I couldn’t hear HIM while I was being stubborn.

I posted the article in my former home blog (with permission) in the hope to free others who are in the same situation. Not long after, I made a decision and moved to blogger, deciding to write more seriously, with a message and not just rant about my life. I realized that with what I write, I might be able to make a difference (no matter how little) in a reader’s life like that piece of article did in mine.

I put my story here and Kevin posted it on his site and people came and read it. I wouldn’t have reached that so many if he didn’t help me. When I moved here, he helped me with everything, figuring out the features, how to puts ads on my blog, posts some of my articles on his site, introduced me to entrecard (From which I’m making a lot of friends with same interests online). And now I’ve made 100 posts in 8 months!

I’m certain I’m not the only person he’s helping out and giving time to and there are many more Kevins out there who wouldn’t mind giving hand and being an awesome friend to persons in wheelchairs (and to us, ‘non-walking’ minority, who’ve experienced discrimination in ways you’d never imagine, that is a major deal!) but I don’t know them all. I only know one and
God bless him!

Don’t take my word for it –
Check him out!

Oh, and ladies, he’s still single!








Comments

Kevin said…
Thanks so much, Thess! I'm honored to be in the 100th post!
Thess said…
You are so welcome :)
Anonymous said…
Congrats on your 100th post Ate Thess! :)
Anonymous said…
Keep em coming hon! <:3~~ cm
Thess said…
Thank you girl. Nice signature :)
Hug.
Anonymous said…
Kevin has been one of my very best friends since about 1990 when we were in college ministry together.

We were blessed to see a real move of God in our group during our spiritual "formative years" (though Kevin had been a Christian all his life...he was a bit further along than the rest of us).

Kevin is probably one of the most trustworthy and sound people I know. A real person of integrity. I am glad other people in other parts of the world are finding him such a blessing.
Thess said…
He's a blessing here not just to the students but to others who've come to know him.

thank you for visiting and am glad to know you to :)