5th Lockdown and a wonderful life

Hello everyone!

How has everyone been, surviving this never-ending Covid saga? The world hasn't been quite what it was has it? Well, I'm plodding along just as everybody else is and as good as can be expected.

We are on our 5th lockdown in Melbourne. The Indian Covid variant has touched down a few weeks ago and wreaked havoc in some states including Victoria, where I am. This nasty thing just wouldn't go away. Lockdown in Melbourne means travel, visiting, and indoor restrictions. Because most of the activities I attend are cancelled at the moment, I found time to write. So in between typing and a spoonful of rice and beef stroganoff (lunch), that I cooked the other day, I'm composing this. Of course I'm multi-tasking.

It's been a long while since last post. Two years and a half to be exact. In that time, a lot has happened and there isn't enough space here to write everything down in detail so I will just briefly update on things if anyone is still interested.

I'm now living permanently in Australia. It's a beautiful and interesting country to know and experience. Been busy participating in my church' outreach ministries and community services. It's truly empowering to be welcomed and be invited to the activities. I've been able to use my love for painting in some of these ministries, doing hand painted cards for our own op shop (opportunity shop) and children's portraits for our toddler playgroup ("Mainly Music" - look up this ministry on the net if you like. Your church might need one) among other things. I have good command of my kitchen now, I've always dreamed of having my own kitchen and be able to cook as I please, and I love cooking! My spring rolls is most requested.

I've been married nine years now and can't be any thankful than I am. I hate it when my husband is right which is most of the time but I have learned to be humble, I hope. My step children are the kindest and warmest you could imagine and my grand children are the cutest!

On the whole, I'm loving my life here with family and friends and cannot possibly complain. I miss the Philippines and my loved ones there but the opportunities are just not there and the quality of life can't be compared. It wasn't our choice to end up here but God had a better plan and now we definitely choose to stay. God always knows best.


John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Comments

Kevin said…
Hi Thess,
I randomly came across your blog while looking at my own blog stats (I ran across a link to your 2008 video blog). One of the nice things about blogs is they bring back such good memories!

Anyway, I'm glad to see that you are happy and doing well.
Blessings!
Turt Mum said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thess said…
Thanks Kevin. You’re doing very well yourself. I don’t remember that video blog but thanks for dropping by. Sorry now ko lang nakita
Comment mo. Hello to. Cris and Clark. God bless.